- Jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of low-fat shredded cheese (sometimes I like to use goat cheese instead 🙂 )
- 1 tbsp of diced onions
- Other veggies if desired
- 1 whole wheat or high fiber tortilla or pita pocket (I use Joseph’s Whole Wheat Flax Pitas)
- Low fat sour cream (if desired)
- Place Pita in heated pan on stove
- Place roasted red peppers, onions, other desired veggies, and shredded cheese into pita. Keep the veggies and cheese on one side of the pita.
- Fold pita in half and press down with spatula for 3-5 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and can hold the pita together.
- Flip quesadilla over and cook other side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Slice quesadilla in half and serve with a dollop of low-fat sour cream
Makes a serving of 1 quesadilla.