I just make the most delicious granola bars! I wore my new Ben & Jerry’s cow apron and I also had someone helping me in the kitchen.
He doesn’t like granola bars though, only tuna.
Except I made a few substitutions. Instead of all purpose flour I used whole wheat flour and instead of 1 cup of raisins, I used 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. I can’t bake anything without chocolate chips, apparently.
They came out a bit crumbly, but tasted great! Not too sweet. I would definitely make these again. Since I always eat granola bars as a snack during the day at work I figured it made sense to start making my own!
I also did some grocery shopping today and got lots of oats. I will never run out!
Other things I got today included:
- Baby arugula and spinach salad mix
- Coconut water (for after runs)
- Arnold hot dog thins
- Light English muffins
- Arnold light 7 grain bread (did you know its impossible to find a light bread without high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients?! I’m stubborn and will not buy bread that is over 50 calories per slice.)
- Lightlife honey bbq smart wings
- Chobani! I found the nonfat pomegranate flavor! Woohoo!
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (I want to start drinking this instead of soy milk)
And I think that’s it. Dinner was pretty simple tonight. I had some Bush’s vegetarian baked beans lying around so I heated some up and had them with my honey bbq smart wings.
So good! I also had a side of yellow beans. I went bean crazy!
It was a nice filling dinner.
Since I’m using today as rest day, I didn’t go running…but I haven’t done anything today. I was thinking of doing some yoga but I decided to blog instead. 🙂 Tomorrow I’m going to a park to run some trails with Marcie, and I’m super excited!